NRBCB has selected the latest technologies to serve its customers for 24/7 from any point of delivery channel. The bank is providing any branch banking, internet Banking and SMS banking facilities. Bank is persuading to set up extensive network in and outside the country so that NRBs can send their hard earned money to their near and dear ones sitting in home at a very cost effective manner and see their parents or relatives receiving said money at their door steps almost in no time.
Any remitted investment from abroad in foreign currency, including profit, is not taxable. But any interest realized by depositing in local currency is taxable. At present tax rate is 15% on interest. However, this rate is 10% for TIN holders.
You will first fill up a prescribed Account Opening Form and submit it to us alongwith photographs of you and your nominee(s), photocopy of passport with visa/No Visa Required/permanent resident card/work permit (if applicable) and personal Identification of Nominee i.e., photocopy of passport/NID Card/PR Card/Driving license/birth certificate.
- By depositing over the counter by the account holder himself in the form of cash foreign currency /cheque/ foreign demand draft while having a visit in Bangladesh
- Cheque and Foreign Demand Draft can also be deposited be anyone
- Through SWIFT (Address: NRBBBDDH)
- Through Exchange Houses
You can withdraw from your FC account under the following ways:
- Cash foreign currency over the counter
- Any payment abroad can be settled from the FC account by instruction
- Any inland payment both in local and foreign currency can also be settled from the FC account by instruction
- Any amount can be encashed from the FC account by instruction either by account holder or anyone (i.e. nominee) having mandate to operate the account.
Yes, you can purchase 3 types of government bonds i.e., i) US Dollar Investment Bond ii) US Dollar Premium Bond and iii) Wage Earners Development Bond.
Purchase Procedure: Every wage earner can purchase bonds through his/her FC Account submitting i) Prescribed Application Form ii) Photocopy of Passport and iii) Photographs of the Purchaser and Nominee(s).